Some ideas to contemplate, courtesy of
From a Nepalese good luck tantra
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or loaf all you
4. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't
9. Love deeply and passionately. You may get hurt, but it's the only
way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name-calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives, or by the life they were
12. Teach yourself to speak slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile
and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve
15. Call your mother.
16. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
18. Follow the three R's: Respect for self, Respect for others, and
Responsibility for all your actions.
19. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
20. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your
22. Marry a person you love to talk to. As you get older, his/her
conversational skills will be even more important.
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
25. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
26. Read more books. Television is no substitute.
27. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think
back you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
28. Trust in God but lock your car.
29. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation.
Don't bring up the past.
31. Don't just listen to what someone is saying. Listen to why they
are saying it.
32. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray or meditate. There's immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don't trust anyone who doesn't close his/her eyes when you kiss.
38. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
39. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while
you are living. It is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
40. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck.
41. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love
for each other exceeds your need for each other.
43. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get
44. Live with the knowledge that your character is your destiny
45. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Points to Ponder — What do You Think?
"The goal of parenting is not to have a great child tomorrow.
The goal is to help your child become an adult who will be able to
thrive, grow and prosper, despite the trials and tribulations life
will inevitable throw at them."
Ivan Burnell -- from "Positive
Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.
- Irving Berlin
Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life.
Don't let them scare you unduly, for they keep boredom at bay and
- R. I. Fitzhenry
It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy.
The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted.
- Mary O'Connor
For a long time it seemed to me that real life was about to begin,
but there was always some obstacle in the way.
Something had to be got through first,
some unfinished business; time still to be served, a debt to be paid.
Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles
were my life.
- Bette Howland
Integrity is what we do, what we say, and what we say we do.
- Don Galer
Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in;
Forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
Begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit
To be encumbered with your old nonsense.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quality is never an accident;
it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort,
intelligent direction and skillful execution;
it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
- William A. Foster